Saturday, December 31, 2005

Best of 2005

Looking on our holiday photos from Shanghai and Tokyo, these are my favourites and they are all from Shanghai.

The drivers in Shanghai are bloody mad, every single one of them. This photo is taken on our way out to the F1 race track. I have never ever seen and never ever done this kind of the undertaking like this bus driver. He is also honking the horn to tell the other driver to piss off – he is on the hard shoulder.
If I ever would get so rich that I’d have my own driver, I would employ a Shanghai driver cos I wouldn’t be late. Ever.




This is my favourite building in Shanghai. I don’t know much about it but I find the shape stunning and sci-fi inspired.



The Jin Mao Tower with the Hyatt Hotel. We were planning to go to the bar on 87th floor but it was closed. We had to settle with the Cafe & Bar on the 54th floor :)
There I had one of the few nice meal during the Shanghai trip, Cripsy Chicken.




This is an example how different the buildings in Shanghai are. The sky scrapers in the west are dull compared to Shanghai sky scrapers.



The Oriental Pearl, the top Pearl is 350 meter above ground.



I want to go back to Tokyo – there is so much more to see of Tokyo and the rest of Japan. But architectural, Tokyo isn’t as interesting as Shanghai. Shanghai is just amazing and buzzing of energy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bentes said...

WOW!
I've had my dream trip!
How was it?
What did you like best? And what was the worst part? How's the food and the people?

I'm green with envy...

1/03/2006 01:32:00 pm  
Blogger lizze said...

Bentes – it was fantastic! Intense and good. It is so safe there both in China and Japan (much more then Europe). People were very friendly and helped as much as they could. I felt guilty for not speaking their language better cos they tried so hard to explain things in English.

One day we took a short cut through the poorer area in Shanghai, people did stare but it was never hostile, and one old man on a bicycle, stopped and said “Welcome to Shanghai” and then continued.

I found the food to be a bit of a problem in Shanghai but then again – I am too fussy sometimes. The Diet Coke didn’t taste very nice but other then that is was great.

The food in Tokyo was great. We had one Tepaniaki dinner in a small family restaurant – the meat was superb. Another great little pearl was a food chain called Mosburger *yum yum yum* Tokyo tube is well planned and have signs in English and Korean (if that is to any help).

I wrote some posts in Oct 05 – if you want to have a further look.

1/03/2006 02:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home