Thursday, December 29, 2005

@ Work today

I was “volunteered” to go in to the office today. Somebody needed to bank any cheques (for you non-Brits out there, cheque is a very common method of payments here ………… yes I know). I live closest to the office, other live south of the river around Croydon area.


I had to book a half day holiday today even though it feels the whole day was ‘ruined’ by work …. Nah I am exaggerating. But I did a slash-and-dash, I came on just before noon and I was out of the office 12.25. I did skip going in to the Finance director office and say Hi. Just in case he was expecting my to stay to the end of the working day (17.00)

The summary of today was:

Cheque(s): 1

Amount: £790-odd

The colleagues that I meet looked really miserable – nobody wanted to be at work. Our temp receptionist (6 month contract) just looked so longing to me when I left. Poor girl – she is still there now while I am writing this blog post.

Why is that the temp receptionists are much more nicer then the permanent receptionist? I guess when you are at one place for long period of time, you get really fed up with all the idiots you have to deal with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home