Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I need a break

Today is my last day at work before the Christmas break. Tomorrow I will be with my family and eat the best homemade food :)

I need a break from work, from London, from the flat and from my boyfriend. I look forward to be with my family for a few days and be looked after a bit.

I need a break from work and the constant bullshitting and the negativity. We have moved office to the worse, smaller room, with fewer noise cancellation screens. My line manger sits in the office next door and keeps shouting to us when he needs something. And as per usual, he never start at the beginning of the topic, more start shouting where he could not go any further so when he starts shouting, I don’t have clue what he is on about.

I need a break from London and the commuting. I am fed up to have people so close to me on the tube. Also, most people can’t walk quickly enough and manage to take up more then their fair share of the pavement. For tourist, well they are on a different agenda but for people going to work – there is no excuse.

I need a break from the flat. My boyfriend and I bought our flat 3 years ago. We did a lot of DIY stuff etc but we didn’t finish it completely. There are still a few things needs to be done. Our bedroom ceiling light has not worked for 2.5 years. We got lovely wooden floor and underfloor heating but where the cables goings in to that main, well that is not covered up. We had to change our windows to double glazing in Jan05, and the walls next to the windows were scratched and needs to be repainted.
An extra plus with our flat is that we have a loft /mezzanine level in the living room. Nothing has been done at all there for 3 years and that part of the flat is a complete dump. Such a waste of space. I bet we are only going to sort these things out before we move out or sell the flat. So basically that would mean that we are doing these things for the next person living there and not for ourselves. If I had being living in the flat by myself, most of these things would have been done one way or the other. What is stopping me? Well, my boyfriends so opinionated and question everything, this just leads to that everything seems more complicated. Since I don’t like to arguing with him, I shun it. I have learnt to live with the state of the flat but it constantly bugs me.

I need a break from my boyfriend. We live a small space (56sqm) and I miss having my own space. He has some interesting stuff happening in his career and his boarder between work and non-work is undefined. This leads to me interrupting him when he is working at home in the evening and there is no way that I can know what he is doing on the computer. At the moment, the best I can do it just leave him to it and be by myself. He probably thinks that I am edgy and unreasonable. I feel that he is engrossed and self absorb in his own world.

I know after a few days with my family, I want to go back to London and my life here. That is what I need, to feel joy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home