Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Unit

I saw the first two episodes of this show yesterday and I think the show is damn awful. It is about special unit in the US Special Forces. Besides the bad acting and the realisation that Robert Patrick is still the best in The Terminator 2, I have two issues with show (I know, I know - I should not get this worked out but I got really annoyed).

No 1 – the women were down right awful. There is a new member joining the unit and he is married. The other men’s wives put the new wife in her ‘right’ place and basically telling her that she needs to live her life through her husband and his situation. This pissed me off big time. The pecking order was, of course, the same as their husbands rank in the military. That was is nothing more the bullying and forcing somebody to conform.

No 2 – A plane has been hijacked in the US. This unit goes in and saves the day. But they didn’t have the authorisation do this from the politicians or pentagon. They did this even though FBI or whatever civil agency was in command. Since when is it to ok for the military to do whatever they want? I don’t have problem with Special Ops being done IF they have the right authorisation.

I hope the show bombs (the pun is intended) big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home