Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I hate, HATE Carphone Warephone

*sigh*

I got a called from the local branch today and they told me my phone was ready for collection. Disbelief was my reaction.

Went to the branch after work, thinking I believe it when I see it.

When the shop assistant took out my phone from the bag, it was the wrong colour. I told him that my phone was silver and not black. The reaction: Hmm, and he tapped away on the system to see if I was right. Customer is never right at Carphone Warehouse, remember that.

I said I wanted to check if the phone was working so I took out my SIM card, put in the phone and then held out my hand get to the battery from him. There was NO battery. More tapping on the computer to see if I had handed in my phone with battery – again it didn’t matter what I said.

I shouldn’t take personally, right? Guess what, I DO. I take it damn personally if I am treated like I am not telling the truth.

The system said I had handed in my phone with battery and battery cover.

So to do a quick sum, I have got a handset with a new colour but no battery or battery cover. Typical Carphone Warhouse. The action following this: to put a trace after my original battery and the cover – time frame: 1-3 days. (No batteries is in store)

I told the guy “I am not paying for this” and he has the audacity to argue back and tell me “it is not my fault.” (Remember that I am standing in their local branch with lots of customers). I raised my voice sufficiently and say “Oh it is not my fault, I am the customer here. I handed in this phone on 17 Feb and you have taken forever to fix this. And when you do, then you do not even get all the parts with it. Do not just stand there and say it is not my fault” Funnily enough, he got more co-operative after that. But very so often I humpf:ed, sighed and muttered.

He still had the intention to get the £30 of me, give me the “handset” and then I could come back and collect the battery + cover when it arrived. I told no, we are going to do the following. You are going to call me when the items have arrived, I am going to check the phone and I should not have to pay for this. The guy says I can’t take that decision regarding the payment.(which I can understand) and he referred me to the main Customer Service Centre number. Like I will deal with them, they are there to fob customer off (told him this). So what we are going to do, I have a conversation me, him + the centre all together to discuss the level of payment.

All of this took about 50-55 min to do. It is really annoying but WTF can I do?

Any suggestions?? Plz tell me.

Lizze bitches about...: I hate Carphone Warehouse

4 Comments:

Blogger Johannes said...

Hehe... I think the best thing would be to just try to forget the whole mess and then go somewhere else next time. Or you could call in a bomb threat, or start leaving dead rats on the employees doorsteps :) Then again, I'd go for the peaceful version.. he he

3/16/2006 08:48:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't agree more. I am a fellow carphone warehouse hater. I have just recently cancelled my contract and I will never deal with them again. I will also go out of my way to tell as many people as possible not to go to there. The customer is always wrong and they always palm your complaints off to customer services who are also completely unhelpful. I also say just move on and don't ever deal with them again.

3/13/2008 02:40:00 pm  
Blogger lizze said...

Anon:

I am sorry but not surprised that 2 years after my awful encounter with The Carphone Warehouse they are still the same.

In the end of this I had to take them to the small claims court:
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/claims/index.htm
to get my money back. The only positive thing was how smooth process the Claims Court are. CW paid up in the end, just in time before they had to see a judge.

I do the same as you, tell everyone I can to stay away from CW as it is such a huge trouble dealing with them.

3/13/2008 08:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simple.... leave carphone warehouse as quick as possible. its the worse mobile services eva and i believe in what anonumous said am going to speard the word saying how bad it is. ur right to be peed off with it i would off to.

3/05/2009 12:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home