Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Information

Information can be a bitch sometimes. The salaries for the next year were uploaded on to the payroll today. And I am not happy. I got a £1k increase and this is the salary that I have been on since I started about 17 months ago. That is ‘increase’ is less then inflation so my employer is basically stating that I am worth less then the day I was signed.

When I had a look at what the rest of our dept had received, then I saw that I got the lowest increase in £ terms. The two junior co-workers got more then me. Fav girl got about 50% more then me, £1.5k – this is a person that comes in late, goes early, unpleasant to work with but has some hold of our line manager. I think the line manager had said that her salary needs to be in line with the other junior staff.

I have a meeting with our director tomorrow morning to sign off the payroll and I am going to bring up that I am disappointed with my new salary.

Then for the sales staff, some of them got major increases like £20k and £15k. The girl that our MD is shagging or at least had an affair with got £20k increase. She has brought in money and clients but is a huge jump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home