Friday, April 14, 2006

A nice birthday

I have had a nice & fun birthday. The best bits were to speak to friends & family.

Many thanks for the wishes on this blog :)

The weather was sunny which made it extra nice to walk around in London. There were loads of people in Central London, but I didn’t get too stressed out. I can just take Oxford St in small doses cos quite frankly tourists walk in a different pace and rightly so.

The first stop was at the Apple Store on Regent St. I didn’t like the layout of the San Francisco store and this store was basically the same. There is a manic feel in the store. I wanted to get a new remote control to my iPod (1st generation) and a firewire cable to be able to recharge it at work. Neither is sold in the store and the guy told me that I needed to upgrade my iPod. BF then interrupts him and says that Apple sells both these items on the website and the guy looks at him with a blank expression. Anyway, the online order is now done.

After that we stopped by at Starbucks and then sat in Hanover Sq to drink it. It was nice & sunny. It was too many pigeons around – basically if there is one pigeon then there is one too many. I am (not so) secretly hoping if the bird flu becomes an epidemic that all pigeons will be exterminated. In the City, they have hawks that kill the pigeons and I think that Westminster Council should do the same.

After Oxford St, we went to Shepard Bush and saw Scary Movie 4. It was funny and not bad considering it is the forth film. The previous ones were better. Then we went back to Central London – getting to the restaurant, Bodens, just in time. I had a nice sirloin steak – as raw as possible.

Before we went back on the Tube, we stopped by the bookshop Borders and had a long wonder around and came out with a few books.

3 Comments:

Blogger mellody said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a good time =)

4/15/2006 04:40:00 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Was your birthday Thursday or Friday? If it was Friday we share a birthday. At any rate belated best wishes!

4/22/2006 08:49:00 pm  
Blogger lizze said...

My birthday was Friday 14 April so we do share the same birthday :)

Happy belated birthday to you too !!

It is a great date, isn't it????

4/23/2006 03:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home