Saturday, April 22, 2006

Being managed

I think my line manager was printing out the impersonal “you have done a good job and this is the “raise”” – letter this afternoon. The treat, as I have been told, is that the MD actually signs each letter. Me … personally I don’t give a shit about that, only thing that counts is my salary for the coming year. Normally, it is his gossip bitch that does that job but for some reason she didn’t do it this year.

One speculation is that she should not know what people is earning but that is not plausible. Firstly, what my line manager knows she knows and vice versa. Secondly, she has access to the Payroll program so she can find out anyway.

My line manager has been grumpy and damn outright rude to me and my co-worker (fav-girl has of course escaped this) and been trying to put us down. It has not gone that well cos both of us have answered back which obviously he didn’t like so more grumpiness was produced.

Possibly we are being managed for the non-existent pay raise or he is simply pissed off that he is not getting enough. The answer is in the post … and me checking the info when I am doing payroll on Monday.

There was this weird moment today when he came into our office and ask if we had noticed that our dept had been ignored and side stepped. Well, yeah cos nobody wants to deal with him. He went on and on (my co-worker ignored him totally since had been very rude to her earlier in the day) but at the end I turned around to him and said:

We are being ignored because we have isolated ourselves. Sure, we deal with a lot of confidential information but it is not helping us being away from everybody. Of course that don’t know what we are doing. The only important thing that we are doing is paying these people’s salary.

But the penny didn’t drop and I don’t expect it ever will.

Anyway, I am not completely bothered because of this. There is a possible way out and let see what happens in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home