Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Annoyed

I like surfing the random blogs. That is how I found most blogs that I am currently reading.

CoffeeandCigs

seriously wtf.

elderrant

Drinking From Home

Sam - Thoughts, photos and pie

more about nothing

She-Blogger

Saving Sanity

Making Headlines

WanderingScribe

There is one main reoccurring theme – just realised.


But there are two very annoying things – it is those blogs with “Let make poverty history” banner.

1. I can’t use the next blog button.

2. The banner is just so damn wrong!!! People, let’s make CORRUPTION history then the poverty will disappear too. The correlation is 1 between them. I have never given any money for the Africa causes and I can’t see me doing it in the future either. Clothes, sure no probs but anything else? Nope

Some people seem to have the idea if there was oil resources then this level of corruption would not have happened. I thought so too but then when I thought about it some more, I don’t think it holds anymore.

Africa has many resource, minerals, diamonds, gold etc. The different governments could have made sure that the multi-national companies would not be able to corrupt as much as they have done. Y’ know public outcry, get the UN and similar involved, apply diplomatic pressure – still think the public outcry would have been the best alternative just in case any Western government was pulling any strings for these companies to be able to get away with what they have done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home