Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I like Poland

I am bit surprised of this myself. Last time when I + family went to an Eastern European country (Yugoslavia in the 80s) involved queue jumping German woman, step-dad that twisted her nose, police with machine guns, a judge, an apology from the judge and then a quick exit from the country with the vow never to return to an Eastern European country.

The Ryanair flight was so uncomfortable with their new ‘minimum requirement seats’ and totally impossible to sleep on the plane. This despite 3 hour sleep at home, have to get up at 3.45am to be on Stanstedt around 7am.

Poland is a very clean country and people have bigger, detached (British thing where a majority of houses share a wall with another house = semi-detached) houses compared to London living standard (why do we live in this city again??). Where we were, they are not so open-minded and we got told not to leave the old town after dark. It was kind of the talk of this small town of the Brits (10-15 people) that had descended on the town. Sorry – I still don’t know what the town is called.

Poland is a ‘good value for money’-country. We spent and spent and at the end of the weekend the bill was £30 each (excl hotel)

The wedding was fun and interesting to see the Polish traditions. Did you know that the bride threw her veil instead of the bouquet and the groom through his tie to the single men to see who will be married within a year. Great way to find out who is single and who is not.

I hope I can tag along with our Polish neighbour sometime when she goes to Poland. I want to go back!

Things were not so good between me and BF and it was difficult to sort of switch between being alone and then with the wedding party. It has slightly improved since we came back home but patience is short from both parties.

We meet some nice people, one of the girls does her own handbags and have a small business. She does them by hand and also to customs design. I am thinking of ordering one – email has been sent.

Our internet connection is real slow (damn our ISP that cap our speed!!) – more pics later.



Guess what airliner is doing the major, mad sponsor routine??


I hit my head on that wall twice - both times with a not so lovely headaches (nooo - I don't not get those from vodka). It is my Cola Light :)


The town square

1 Comments:

Blogger mellody said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding. More pics!!

5/14/2006 02:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home