Friday, February 17, 2006

17 Feb 06 part 2 (part 1; the post below)

I went to Carphone Warehouse, with low hopes, and handed over the paperwork to the guy behind the counter. He did a bit of tapping on the computer and then said “uh”. From that moment, I knew my phone was not coming back with me tonight. Just fucking knew it.

The guy went away look in his pile, couldn’t find it and went further away. He came back said “They couldn’t repair it and it had to be sent away to Nokia”. This would take 10-14 working days, counting from Tuesday.

I asked how much it will cost and he said it was under warranty. No, I told him, my warranty expired two weeks ago. He looked … no stared at me and after a while he said it would still be £30. Fine, I said, then you would not mind writing that down on the paperwork. He actually did it, to my surprised.

I told him that I was going to the States next Saturday and that I needed my phone. “Oh shit” mumbled the guy under his breath. I asked about replacement handset but all they could give me was dual and not triband, which is needed for the States.

I have no more energy to be angry or annoyed, nothing more I can do. Just need to find a phone that will work in States within a week. Ebay here I come, maybe now I actually will ‘get’ Ebay now.

3 Comments:

Blogger lizze said...

Aoh - can't I borrow one anyway? *begging* ;)
I have been looking on ebay for ages (a good two hours incl watching The IT Crowd) - there is loads of rubbish on ebay.

2/17/2006 10:47:00 pm  
Blogger Dustin said...

hey where in the states are you going to be visiting?

Dustin

2/18/2006 08:30:00 pm  
Blogger lizze said...

We are going to San Francisco and after a week I fly back home and boyfriend flies to San Diego.

2/18/2006 09:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home