Friday, February 17, 2006

Warning: bad language in this post

I am not as angry as I was a few hours ago. I sooo hope that I do not have to make another Customer Service call today.

My Nokia 6260 is fucked. Totally & utterly fucked. I was txt-ing yesterday, and my phone memory got full – with no fucking warning - and could not accept any more txts. I had to delete items to be able to send/receive txts. Fine.


But when I tried to delete stuff from my phone, then it would not start the deleting process since there was no memory to execute the process. When I went through the menus, I could not go into Messages, gallery, themes etc.

Catch 22, eh? Can’t fucking delete stuff when there is no memory.

I hooked up the phone to the computer, to try to delete files via the file managers. But nooooooo, that didn’t work.

Boyfriend checked some websites and found that one maybe could start the phone in a safe mode. In retrospect, I should not have turned off the phone and I did suspect that it would not re-start again.

When re-starting the phone, it does even show the pin number question. Only a blank screen.

I started off by calling my network 02. No help there really – upgrade & new 12 month contract with 02. I asked when my 12 month contract, aka warranty, would expire?
Answer; it expired 3 Feb 06

My phone is 1 year and 2 weeks old – a coincident it fucks up 2 weeks after the warranty has ended? Ich kein think so

I swore, kicked the table and thought about it. I decided my best option is to flash the memory and start over again. I took a backup yesterday and I got about 7MB of the 8MB. I called 02 back and the girl tried to help but she could not find the info about restoring the factory settings. She gave me the number to Nokia’s help desk. It wasn’t the right one but I got to the Nokia Club helpline in the end.

The guy was nice, tried to help but when he realised the phone would not even start up properly (after about 15 min conversation), he said that he could not help me. He said the next step is to go to Carphone Warehouse (I already dislike that company so much cos their customer service sucks big time) and have them sort out the phone.

I called Carphone Warehouse and explained the situation. It would cost me £30 to get the phone sorted and it will take a few hours.

I have been down to the shop and handed the phone over. I will pick it up later this afternoon. It would surprise me if the phone worked when I pick it up.

To be continued … is my guess anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home