Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Abu Hamza got sentenced to 7 years

My initial reaction was relief. The system has worked and he got a reasonable lengthy sentence.

But then I was thinking further on this matter. He is going to prison and what will he meet there? It is very likely that he will be in contact with some very disillusioned men. Hamza is after all an efficient preacher and I am sure that he will do his best of the situation. I am assuming there will be no reform on his part. Will he do further recruitments in prison? To me this is very likely.

I just don’t want him to go to prison – I want him spend ALL of his time in isolation.

Then there is the 7 year sentence. Most likely, he will spend less then 7 years in prison. I read in the Metro this morning that he has been on reprimand the last 20 months and be will probably be free again in 2 years time. For once, can’t a sentence be a full sentence?

Should this man be allowed to stay in the UK after he has done his time? I hope not but the whole idea with prison is that you serve your time and then you have paid your dues. Let’s see what the Home Secretary will decide when he is due to be released. The Americans wants him extradited so it might be a stint in the US court system as well.

Metro also had an article about what the police found in the North Finchley Mosque; 100s of fake passport, chemical protection suits and a lot of other similar stuff. When Hamza took control of the mosque, about 40% of the congregation left.
I find all of this very troublesome;
It is the duty of the moderate Muslims to help dealing with the extremists – if they don’t then who will?
To store items that are going to used for criminal activities in a mosque just shows the he (and others) is using our Freedoms against us to destroy them.

To me, it is very important to get news from different sources. In the blogosphere, it is useful to read blogs from the other stance. It is uncomfortable reading. Here is one example but at least there are good comments that dispute what is written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home