Wednesday, October 05, 2005

This morning

I was later then I thought this morning after checking the digital clock at my tube station. I walked/ran down the escalators and I saw there was an westbound Central line train on the platform with the doors open and nobody is pushing to get on. This usually means one thing, the train has been on the platform too long and something is wrong. The last bit I happened to mumble out load – I am not a morning person and I don’t fully functioning in the mornings.

I found a space on the tube, waited less then a minute before the tube left. Not to bad, I thought. Then we were in the tunnel, and it was pitch black. My brain went through the following thoughts:

  • I can’t see anything
  • It is pitch black – that unusual
  • Everybody is quiet
  • No lights are on
  • No emergency lights are on
  • I am glad the tube is only packed and not jam packed. I have some breathing space
  • Hmmm, it is a long tunnel to Liverpool Street Station
  • Ah well, I have not got a problem with this
  • Wow – it is really pitch black
  • This is what it could be when a bomb goes off
  • I am glad I bought my little but strong flash light that I have got on my key ring
  • Huh - what is that light?
  • Oh somebody's mobile phone
  • Is somebody being a bit panicky?
  • Why is somebody panicky?
  • There is another light from a mobile phone
  • How long is this tunnel?

Automatic voice: Next station is Liverpool Street Station …

Tunnel lights and the next station is soon here. There is it. One more station and I am off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home