Monday, January 30, 2006

Art, I presume



The reason I would say this is art is that these photos is taken inside the Tate Modern Gallery.

These are empty white plastic boxes, nothing more. Perhaps you can guess from the tone in this post is that I have no respect for modern art.

Modern Art is pretentious and it is all about marketing. Once an artist name is known and admired, then the artist can produce any shit and it will sell.

Why do people buy modern art?

Answer: Investment, investment, investment and money laundering. That is the main drivers behind the art market.

I have to admit that this exhibition did have a visual impact but I still claim that it has absolutely no meaning what so ever.

Also, the building of Tate Modern is fantastic and it used to be a power station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home